Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Wondrous Water Bottle




I was in California shopping a few weeks ago. I walked by this store and as I peered through the window I saw the coolest tree made out of empty water bottles. It definitely caught my attention; I couldn't help but walk into the store to check it out (if this was a marketing ploy it worked!). I was amazed by the creativity! Water bottles (or plastic bottles in general) are part of our everyday (though it is more environmentally friendly to use reusable bottles and/or coffee cups). As often as I have drunk from a water bottle, it has never crossed my mind to do something creative with it afterwards. I just thought this water bottle display added to the chic vibe of the store. With the holidays coming up, I think I have a new idea for a tree this year...

Speaking of water bottles... I went to get a bottle of water in between classes the other day, and as the cashier was ringing up my purchase we both realized that the water bottle had no label. I thought that was really random. The blankness of the bottle made it look so weird. Everyday we are subjected to so many labels and advertisements that it becomes the norm. It actually made me wonder if I should exchange the labelless bottle for another one that had a label (as if the water inside was contaminated or something). I ended up keeping the labelless bottle (in case you were wondering, the water was still good) and as I was leaving the cashier said, "I have never understood why they put the nutritional information on water anyway, it seems pointless!" 

 



 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats a great insight... the kind you would find on TheChicEcologist.com (shameless plug)